We continue to be absolutely giddy over our sweet 16 placement on FORTUNE Magazine’s 2013 Best 100 Companies to Work For list! Today, many more details have been posted on FORTUNE’s website!!
We are so very proud that FORTUNE recognized us for our competitive salaries in the retail industry (we pay our employees roughly double the industry average), as well as our excellent benefits, including our 401K plan. Plus, they included a feature on one of our great employees – store General Manager John Urbin – who has a very interesting story about how he came to work at The Container Store!
We could not be more thrilled to have made FORTUNE’s list for the fourteenth year in a row, especially because 2/3 of our score is determined by an employee survey.
Together as a team of 6,000, we’ve created our success by our commitment to excellence in everything we do – including delivering the top-notch service that our customers need and expect! Today at our office and distribution center we are celebrating with more than 200 of our beloved vendors (more to come on that!).
And if you’re in our stores today – you will probably feel a little bit more of the Air of Excitement we work to exude every day. Here are just a few of the sentiments our colleagues shared with our president, Melissa Reiff, when they heard the news!
- Congratulations everyone!! I’m so proud to be a part of such an AMAZING COMPANY!! Let the celebration begin!!! – Vincent S., General Manager, Westbury
- How very exciting! Sweet sixteen for sure! And to all of you dedicated hard working employees that keep our wonderful company moving forward with our Foundation Principles solidly in place….THANK YOU! I cannot tell you how heart-warming it is for me to see that all of your efforts are being recognized and appreciated. Here is to another wonderful year! – Barbara A., retired, first-ever employee at The Container Store
- How amazing is this!!! I’m so proud to work for such an outstanding company! – Shari B., General Manager, Bellevue
- The Austin team is thrilled about our ranking this year! AMAZING!! We appreciate this beautiful cycle- An Amazing Company to work for that hires, develops, and trains Great Employees to drive it forward!!! It is a WIN WIN!!! – Samuel M., Sales Manager – Training, Austin
- 14 Years in a row! Several of our new hires mentioned how our FORTUNE recognition was one of the top reasons they were interested in applying for employment with our company. Now that they are employees they are so proud to be a part of the team! Congratulations everyone! – Rick W., General Manager, Dallas NorthPark
- YAY!!!!! TCS offers so many wonderful benefits, but what truly puts us on this list is the amazing, fearless, committed, passionate people we get to work with everyday! As leaders we bring this to life in each of our stores, every day, one employee at a time!!! So proud to be a part of Team TCS!!!! – Rachel S., Store Manager-Sales, Paramus
A big thank you to our employees! We know in our hearts that The Container Store is the best company to work for in America, with the best employees, vendors and customers!