This summer we launched an effort to raise money for UNICEF USA and we’re so proud to announce that this campaign raised $236,000! These funds will be used to bring educational opportunities to children worldwide, providing them with the tools they need to help lift themselves and their communities out of poverty. Because of the incredibly generous support of our AMAZING customers, UNICEF USA will continue to elevate their Let Us Learn program.
Let Us Learn is a UNICEF initiative bringing innovative educational opportunities to some of the world's most vulnerable children. UNICEF has targeted Liberia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Madagascar, and Afghanistan for the program to address an urgent need for more equitable access to education, especially for girls and marginalized groups. The program includes:
- Community participation: UNICEF USA provides activities that mobilize parents, children, adolescents, community leaders, and educators to support quality education and transform harmful social norms that prevent girls from going to school.
- Flexible learning models: These educational opportunities include child-to-child learning, accelerated learning, and informal learning. These programs accommodate children who have missed out on school or do not normally have access to formal education.
- Targeted approaches to children’s needs: UNICEF USA implements strategies that prioritize the hardest-to-reach and accommodate the most marginalized, including children with disabilities or those with specific cultural or linguistic needs.
- Holistic education frameworks: Initiatives such as child-friendly schools, which recognize that many different sectors (including education, health, nutrition, protection, and sanitation) impact learning outcomes.
- National policy alignment: These educational activities are integrated into each area’s national and local education system.
The Container Store would like to thank all of our customers who donated for their help in offering the world’s children a chance at a brighter future!