As an ardent practitioner and passionate advocate of Conscious Living, I can unequivocally state that doing Conscious Living Practices regularly and consistently will enable any person to achieve good health, harmony, success and happiness, yet remain grounded in peace and contentment.
So I was truly delighted to lead several Conscious Living sessions at The Container Store’s office and distribution center recently.
Wondering what Conscious Living is?
- Conscious Living starts with taking the time to take care of yourself.
- Take care of your body by being mindful of what you eat, taking time to stretch and exercise.
- Care for your mind by being mindful of your media intake, practicing deep breathing and enjoying moments of silence.
- Work to develop your heart/spirit by cultivating empathy, compassion, humor, humility, gratitude and generosity.
- Nurture your relationships by choosing good company, and expressing love and appreciation to those around you.
- Foster a healthy home by getting rid of clutter and excess stuff to simplify your life.
- Look after the environment by respecting nature, preserving the planet and consuming considerately.
Conscious Living Practices are simple exercises and activities that remind us to do some or all of the above, empower us to live simply and consciously and enable us to reap (and share) their many benefits!
So why doesn’t everybody do some or all of the Conscious Living Practices every day? I think because of the perceived lack of time, lack of thought, lack of intention, lack of information, inclination and/or inspiration, and also lack of immediate gratification. It will take some time before you actually experience the benefits of conscious living practices and notice the difference these make in your life. And most people don’t have (or don’t want to take) the time to wait. But if you do, I promise you’ll make progress on the path of self-care and self-discovery – a prerequisite for personal wellness and professional effectiveness, which lead to success and happiness.
May the New Year be a new beginning for a new and conscious YOU!