Roy Spence, Founder, Chairman and CEO of GSD&M and the Purpose Institute and author of It’s Not What You Sell, It’s What You Stand For, joined us at our recent Staff Meeting to talk about how every extraordinary company is driven by purpose. He made us laugh (a lot!), he told us stories about his own personal experiences with our brand and wonderfully trained, service-oriented and fun employees at our store in Austin and inspired us in more ways than he could even imagine. He ended by showing this video of the song Hallelujah that he watches every single morning. He then shared what he thinks purpose sounds like.
- Firstly, everybody has to know the words to the song.
- Secondly, you have to listen to one another.
- Thirdly, you have to step up when it’s your turn.
- Fourthly, it’s beautiful when you sing together.
- And fifthly, it helps when you have a beautiful song to sing.
Wow! Just wait until you watch this video! Roy’s presentation continues to inspire each of us at The Container Store and know you’ll feel the same. Tell us about your purpose-driven life by making a comment on this story for a chance to win a $100 Store More Card.
P.S. Congratulations Roy and GSD&M on their 40th anniversary of helping their clients find their purpose.