We opened seven new stores in 2014, and as part of our commitment to our communities, we partnered with a local nonprofit organization for each store opening that received a percentage of sales from our Grand Opening Weekend. We invited customers to join in our Grand Opening festivities, shop and support the local nonprofit so that we could write the largest donation check possible – and they did! In 2014, we donated more than $100,000 to local organizations in our new communities!
Our partners included:
- King of Prussia, PA – The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
- Tukwila, WA – Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Cranston, RI – Crossroads Rhode Island
- Oak Brook, IL – Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
- Farmers Market in Los Angeles, CA – Step Up
- Salt Lake City, UT – Ballet West
- South Loop in Chicago, IL – Step Up
Our partnership with each organization not only included the donation from Grand Opening Weekend, but lots of support through auction, raffle or gift bag items for their fundraisers, and even elfa Shelving makeovers for some of their facilities. Susan Cambell, Executive Director at The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House said, “The Container Store truly is a force for good that enhances the health and well-being of the community, including the children and families we serve.”
We are honored to call each of these amazing nonprofit organizations a partner to The Container Store. For more information on our new stores planned for 2015, please visit our website.